Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A trip down south

Today we got up bright and early and drove to Cork. It was a gorgeous city with all sorts of cobblestone streets and unique shops. We continued on to Kenmare, the beginning point for a two-hour trip around the "ring of Kerry"--spectacular Irish coastline views. We'll do that tomorrow because it was a bit foggy this evening. However, that didn't stop us from golfing.

We let a couple of local guys play through. They were interested in our being from Canada and had all sorts of suggestions for places we should visit. At least I assume that's what they were saying because I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD THEY WERE SAYING!!! I just kept nodding and saying yes so I hope I said the right thing! Here's an action shot of Don in the sandtrap. I'm glad it doesn't have sound because apparently I snapped this during his swing and he made a terrible shot. I'm glad I have this moment for posterity, though. Besides, I let him take it again. Notice the ball already on the green. That's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment